26.11.12

Jakarta Wedding Festival 2012

So, we went to the Jakarta Wedding Festival 2012 #JWF2012 held in Jakarta Convention Center this rainy weekend to find some inspiration and maybe also some nice bargain. IDR 10,000 for a 3-days exhibition is already a bargain.

I have always wondered what do they have in such wedding exhibition.
Glitter and glam and everything white?

Unfortunately.. I am not one of the bride-to-bes who are swept away with this particular exhibition.
Well.. it's not because all of the vendors are mostly only serve weddings in Jakarta (for Bali wedding they got  some people from Vara Wedding), but the variation is.. uhm how can I put it correctly.. The theme is just way too "international" for me. Where are the Indonesian or national theme?

Almost all the bridals only show big white wedding dresses. Where are those gorgeous and elegant kebayas?
When I asked to by wedding shoes.. mostly they can't offer that.. or that the shoes only comes with the white wedding gown. What a bummer!

The tailors for suits are not quite friendly (for whatever reason) and did not really prepared their types of materials. and the suits are mostly.. shinny and sparkly. WHY?

The caterings, wedding venues and entertainments are mostly for Jakarta.. so no interest in checking out for them. Although I got a handful (err... maybe more) of brochures from right and left. The booth for invitations are also there.. but not for me since I design my own invitation and stuff ;)

Looking for inspiration for souvenirs, I can only find two attractive booths. Gimmix is one of the best! I totally love all the little things displayed there. (Most probably) The owner is also very helpful with guiding you to the right choices of souvenirs according to your wedding theme. I recommend it for all of you bride-to-bes.

The photography booths are the most interesting one, I suppose. Even though we already have our chosen photographer, it's always nice to look around. And maybe someday we'll decide to make a post-wedding pictures :)) There's 2-3 booth for photobooth companies. They let you try on the booth, pose several times, and give you the print out.. for free! That was fun 8)

Dont mind the fail way of the photographer when trying to make me look hot!

So, if I could give some suggestions for future wedding exhibitions in Jakarta:
- Please... Do more and dig more of Indonesian and national themes. Show it off! In my opinion, traditional Indonesian wedding will cost way more than the standard international hotel weddings. So, more income for the vendors isn't it?
- The participants for some areas such as wedding shoes, souvenirs, and decorations are lacking. More options make everything even more sparkling!

Until next time, love birds! :*

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Clairvo